Sunday, January 22, 2012

Card Series - Birthday #1

I don't buy scrapbooking or cardmaking magazines often but this particular one caught my eye. It's Australian Simply Cards and I love quite a few of the card layouts in it, so I decided to attempt one of them today by Designer - Bev Rochester.

As I'm still new to card-making, I decided to make it as close to the design as possible. When I get more confident I'll attempt card sketches and put my own spin on them - one day LOL.

So here's what I made today, with close-up shots - list of materials used is below the photos.



Materials Used:
  • White cardstock cut at 12"x6" (folded to 6x6)
  • Green cardstock cut at 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" for large mat
  • K & Company's Wild Saffron paper pack cut at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • EK Success fleur de lis border punch
  • Winter White Seam Binding sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in English Ivy & Honey Dew Mist
  • I Am Roses flowers sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in English Ivy & Honey Dew Mist, and Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stain in Saxifrage Olive Copper
  • KaiserCraft wood mounted stamp - "Birthday"
  • Wood mounted rubber stamp - butterfly (unknown manufacturer and name)
  • KaiserCraft clear stamp (ORIGINAL text - unknown name)
  • My Favorite Things "Layered Labels" die
  • Copics used - E00, E34, E35, E37 * R20, R22, E93 * 0 blender
  • Staples used - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Memento dye ink in Rich Cocoa, Scor-tape, Scotch Quick Dry adhesive

4 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC card!! Just love it! The details and colors are wonderful!! *huggles* =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this card so much as it has such a beautiful feel to it. Anything green catches my eye. The little girl image with the cake is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning! i just found you by chance and so glad I did!. Am now an avid follower xxx
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your encouraging comments :) Very much appreciated Felicia, Mary & Lisa :)
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete