Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hot Glue Gun Stand

Well, I must admit I cannot believe we haven't thought of making this one before! How many times have we cursed our glue guns when they wouldn't stand where we wanted them to? How many times has the hot glue dripped on our projects? I know I've cursed mine a thousand times or more!

Until now!!!

And it is soooooo easy to make! One of my online friends, Sandy, has made it already, after watching me show how to make it on Ustream (click here) and Sandy said the hardest thing about making it was cutting out all the chipboard pieces - yes - it's that easy!

I have written a short instruction on how I made it, but it's not a comprehensive tutorial, so if you get stuck, watch the ustream recording first, then put it together! Click here for the instruction sheet, or it's over to the right of this post under the Handy Links section.

I have made a YouTube tutorial on how I made the prototype, but I ramble on, chop and change my mind, so maybe the Ustream is a better option to watch LOL. Anyway click here for the YouTube video, if you dare!

Wonder what I NEED next?


8 comments:

  1. I love watching you make projects .They are provide a beautiful way to organize your arting area. this one I will make.Keep the great projects coming. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget :) Yup, I like organising and I actually used my glue gun the other day WITH the stand! I must say it is very handy :)

      Delete
  2. Been busy before dinner tonight and made one. Have taken a photo of it, made without the extra end bit but can't work out how to send you a photo. Thank you so much, it matches the pen holder. Can't wait to see what you need next - I'm sure to need it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Ooooh I'm glad you made it. Send it to my gmail email address - ozegran@gmail.com - I would love to see a pic!!! I've made an Adhesive Station and I've been told to make a washi tape holder & dispenser - so watch out for those :)

      Delete
  3. BTW I used box board. It is 1/8" thick and works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have used box board as well, much sturdier. But it works for the medium-weight chipboard as well :)

      Delete
  4. Second one made with modification. Instead of arc cut half V. Gun seems to sit better. Onto 3rd one now as a gift. My friends will also love u. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh now that sounds like it would sit better, thanks so much :)

      Delete