Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Twitter Card Challenge - Stencil

This week's card challenge, set by me but is run by Jess over on Twitter, was to use a stencil on your card.

So.....why did I choose to use a stencil when it took me almost half an hour to finally settle on one!!! Anyway, I like this stencil -  the Texture Shine Designer Stencil by Memory Box so I decided to use distress inks and blend them from Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and finally Squeezed Lemonade.

Now what! I sat there thinking and thinking and thinking some more until I decided to grab my stamps and have a look through to see if something jumped out at me. It didn't take long LOL. I found the perfect stamp set by Simon Says Stamp called "Sunnier Days".

I stamped the umbrella onto plain white cardstock using Tuxedo Black Mememto Ink, coloured in the umbrella with a couple of orange/yellow shades of Copics (sorry, can't remember which ones) and fussy cut it out.

I then stamped the "Wishing you sunnier days" sentiment onto white cardstock using Vermillion Ranger Archival Ink, cut it out, rounded the corners using a 1/4" rounder and adhered it to another white piece of cardstock with dimensional foam dots and inked edges in Spiced Marmalade.

I decided it needed a bit more "pop" so I stamped the vertical border heart stamp using Vermillion Ranger Archival Ink just in line with the umbrella.

I adhered the sentiment piece so that it was held in place by the hook of the umbrella handle.

Next I matted the card top to a piece of orange cardstock and adhered it all onto a 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock in a top opening card style. And finally I decided I wanted to put a few half-backed pearls in the bottom right corner to finish it off.

Phew! That's this week's challenge done and dusted - and early!!!



Bye for now!

1 comment: