Thursday, July 13, 2017

Art Journal Page 159

Hi again everyone!

Today's blog is yet again another journal page!

I don't think I like this page, only because of the colours I used for the notes as well as adding the blues & greens over the top of the background. They just don't go together at all.

Once upon a time I used to just gesso over a page I didn't like and start again, but nowadays I think it's all part of the process. Some days we have it and some days we don't! Life's like that.

I started out with some script and sheet music, so then I decided the page would be about music. Once the background was done and I created the "music notes" I then introduced the blues and greens to the background over the shades of red - bad mistake, as it just did not look good. But I pushed on and completed the page anyway!

For the quote I googled "music note quotes" and the quote I used came up within the search. Sometimes I find a quote I really like while I'm googling and plan a page around the quote.

Sometimes that can be a challenge though as my pages don't usually turn out the way I intended when I plan them.

You can watch the process video on YouTube by clicking the link HERE.

Tomorrow's page will be better, I hope LOL

Products used:

Liquitex Professional Gesso
Unknown script stamp
Unknown sheet music stamp
Jet black StazOn ink
Mars black acrylic paint
The Crafters Workshop "capricious" stencil
Dylusions "diamond border" stencil
Americana pink cadillac acrylic paint
Reeves rose madder acrylic paint
Liquitex Basics alizarin crimson hue acrylic paint
Reeves orange acrylic paint
Glad Wrap (kitchen cling wrap)
White acrylic paint
The Crafters Workshop "sheet music" stencil
Fiskars shape cutter (circles)
Black Faber-Castell Pitt Artist brush pen
Reeves teal acrylic paint
Pebeo cerulean blue acrylic paint
Liquitex Basics bright aqua green acrylic paint
Pebeo DYNA iridescent green blue acrylic paint
Plastic gift card (used as a tool)
White POSCA pen
Prussian blue water soluble wax pastel by Reeves
White water soluble wax pastel by Reeves
Black Sakura glaze pen










Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment